Kevin E. Schraven
Kevin Schraven is the Managing Attorney of the Orange County Office and a Registered Patent Attorney. Kevin has regularly been selected as a Super Lawyer ® Rising Star ® for 2010 – 2013, placing him in the top 2.5% of Intellectual Property Attorneys in Southern California under the age of 40. His practice areas include Patent Prosecution, which allows him to do the work that he loves, writing patent applications and helping inventors obtain patent protection on their inventions. Kevin’s practice also includes Patent and Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration, and other areas of Intellectual Property Law.
Kevin has an extensive background in laboratory services, operations management, and food service management. He previously served as Senior Manager of regulatory compliance, logistics, safety, facilities, and security departments of a clinical chemistry laboratory. In that capacity he coordinated regulatory inspections, developed and conducted employee training and safety programs, and reported directly to General Counsel on environmental compliance. Prior to that, in 1995, Kevin earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Biochemistry at UCLA, where he also managed concession services at all UCLA home sporting events, the Los Angeles Open Tennis Tournament, the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books, and many large special events.
During law school, Kevin held legal extern positions with Central District U.S. District Judge Gary A. Feess and California/OSHA. In Spring 2007, as a member of Loyola’s Giles Sutherland Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Team, Kevin went to the Finals of the South Regional and won Best Appellant Brief, Best Appellee Brief, and Best Oral Advocate, and participated at the National Finals competition.
Current Employment Position(s):
- Associate Patent Attorney; Managing Attorney of the Orange County Office of Hankin Patent Law, APC
Areas of Practice:
- Patent Prosecution
- Patent Litigation
- Trademark Registration
- Trademark Litigation
- Copyright Litigation
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2006
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2008
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2008
- State of California 2008
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 2008
- J. D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, December, 1995
- B.S. Biochemistry
Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2010 – 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- UCLA RCA, 1997 – Present
- UCLA RC, 1991 – 1995
Past Employment Positions:
- Esoterix, Inc., Laboratory Operations Manager, 1998 – 2005
- Associated Students UCLA, Concessions Manager, 1996 – 1997
Pro Bono Activities:
- UCLA Chancellors Associate, 2003 – Present
- 1972, Modesto, California