Anooj Patel began his career at Hankin Patent Law as a Registered Patent Agent in 2012 while still in law school and joined the firm full-time in 2014. Anooj’s primary practice area is Intellectual Property Litigation. He also assists with Patent Prosecution, which allows him to do the work that he enjoys, which is learning new technology, drafting patents, and helping inventors obtain patent protection on their new inventions.
Anooj graduated from Loyola Law School in May of 2014 and obtained admission to the California State Bar that same November.
Anooj possesses an extensive background in biochemistry-based research, with a focus on Crystallography and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance technologies. He previously worked as a Biochemistry Researcher for several years at a National Institute of Sciences Laboratory at UCLA and, in that capacity he helped research the Telomerase Holoenzyme, including the three dimensional structure and function of its various RNA, DNA, and Protein components across several species.
Current Employment Position(s):
- Registered Patent Attorney
Areas of Practice:
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office 2012
- State of California, 2014
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2014
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, 2014
- University of California, Los Angeles, 2011
- B.S. Biochemistry