Amy J. Embert
Whether your enterprise is a new start-up seeking to attract angel investment or a mature company looking to solidify and advance their market position, Amy will work with you to develop a patent portfolio to meet your needs and exceed your expectations within defined budgetary parameters.
Amy performs strategic patent portfolio development with a focus on adding measurable value to an enterprise. Her work with individual inventors and new start-ups has advanced brilliant ideas into companies who are successful with establishing market placement and fundraising.
In addition to her work as a patent attorney, Amy works with UC Hastings in association with their Startup Legal Garage program and with the Fogarty Institute for Innovation in Palo Alto to advance the growth of medical device start-ups.
Current Employment Position(s):
Areas of Expertise:
- Medical devices
- Medical information technology
- Computer hardware and networking equipment
- Semiconductors and material science
- Consumer electronics
- Apparel, fashion, and sporting goods
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State of California
- J.D. Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey
- B.A. Physics, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey